Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the Year Stats 2008

Alright! Today marked the very last day of trading for 2008 and I'm reporting how I faired for the year:

I traded a total of 110 securities:

24 were losses (22%), an average of $90.14 per loss (pretty high)

86 were wins (78%), an average of $42.50 per win (lower than my average loss)

End of year ROI: 48%

I'm glad that I had so few losses, however, obviously my goal is going to be to get my loss amounts much lower in the coming trading year. I'm doing well, but with my loss average that high, I'm fighting harder than I have to. I aim to pick better and get out of a losing trade sooner. Pretty basic!

I am particularly excited about 2009 because I've been able to increase my capital significantly. I've increased it not only through earnings, but I've also been infusing funds into my account regularly throughout the year and anticipate having an even more successful year!