Monday, November 3, 2008

Watchlist & Stock Picks 11/3/08

After the market close on 11/3/08 I ran a query on stockcharts.com and it returned a huge amount of symbols that met my pre-determined criteria. My eyes became tired after the "M's" so I decided I had plenty of potential stocks.

Here are the stocks I'm most excited about:
ACLI
ALKS
AMLN
APP
AYR
CLMS
FPO
IRC
MPW

Here are the remaining symbols on my watchlist:

AAUK
ABB
AMCC
AMSC
ARA
ARBA
BDN
BKI
BLX
BPZ
BRKS
BW
CE
CMCO
COGT
CONN
DAR
DRE
EXR
FOR
GIGM
GSIC
ID
IVAC
MENT

This is a ridiculous amount of stocks compared to the usual 5-10 that I normally keep on a watchlist. It is particularly ridiculous considering all my funds are currently placed! It is important for me though, to keep an ongoing watchlist because I could sell a security at any moment and I'd like to have a replacement ready and waiting.

If a stock does not make the desired set up within about 3-5 days, it will usually fall off the watchlist. It's always interesting to see which make the cut and which don't!